Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My cat

I have a pet cat. She is not my private property. She is a free soul, who roams around the whole neighbourhood and spends quite an ample time outside my window.

 

 

I prefer not to get attached to her, because getting emotionally attached to a stray will always be painful, especially if she is a noncommittal being like a cat. But they are safer for a person like me, who loves animals and birds. Why? They never get attached.

 

I have lived in my own home since sixteen years of age, my first experience of rented house started in 1999, and then I started to live in rented houses permanently from 2005. my first landlady was a very religious type of woman , we used to feed a stray dog and that created a lot of problems, since then I promised myself that I wont feed strays from house. Canines get attached. Their loyalty is what makes them my favourite creatures.

 

I would not have fed kitso either, that’s the name of my feline friend, but she conquered my resistance, and it’s her, who became my pet. She spends quite an ample amount of time outside my window, watching me. She is a real doll. If it was my ho\me I would have taken her in months ago, she is that cute.

2 comments:

  1. Only pet I love the most are cats. Perhaps the reason is that they become my friends very easily. I'm impressed by my sister's love for cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dearest brother,
    i love animals and birds, my hot favourite are dogs, they are so loyal and loving that ..

    my family almost always had a canine as a pet, there are hardly a few years which we have passed without a dog.

    kitso is the second cat who has been pampered by me, i did not have any special feelings for cats before i rescued one from drain and made him a part of our family. he stayed with us for almost two years then went away. kitso became my pet by herself and she is sooooooo cute that its impossible to not love her.

    if i had my own home i would have taken her in, and if i had a small garden i would have bought a dog :)

    with lots of affection,
    didi

    ReplyDelete