Tuesday, December 22, 2009

children

Small children are God’s greatest gifts to human beings. I truly adore them, ever since my teenage my nephew and nieces have showered me up with their devoted affection. So I lived almost fifteen years in their close companionship, that is through mails and occasional visits. Unfortunately most of them lived quite far away from my home and my own sibling’s children are very small. Actually my own siblings taught me one should not get too much attached to other people’s children, a lesson which my cousins never taught me, they were pretty happy when their children ignored them and flocked around me.

 

Ever since seeing parental jealousy in its darkest form I have decided to stay away from other people’s children but still their angelic beauty always impresses me. If a person wants to live a really happy life he can learn to live from children.

 

I truly love to see the world through their eyes, their eyes of trust, happiness and forgiveness. Have you ever noticed how happy children are in their day to day affairs? Climbing stairs is a fun to them, watching a bird or beast or flower is a thing of great joy to them. So is running around, basking in sun, drenching in rain, playing with water.. their list of happy activities is too long.

 

Their hearts are huge. They will instantly forgive you even if you are absolutely wrong. They will trust you with all their heart. Even though I should ask people to practice caution in these two things but again I will say that if we want to be happy we should practice “rrust with caution” and “forgiveness with caution”. What if instead of making people earn our trust we do the other way round? Trust people till they convince us that they are untrustworthy? Or try to forgive others as long as they don’t convince us that they should not be forgiven?

 

I truly believe in that old quote “Child is the father of the man.”.

4 comments:

  1. didi, Kia baat hai!

    Posts such as this one are like hidden pearls in your blogs. Infact, I'm addicted to your agni trisha blog so I do not visit your other blogs. But luckily today, I decided to have a look at your other blogs and found this amazing post. You've very nicely described the life of children. We can certainly learn from them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dearest brother,
    i am an over enthuciastic blogger, i guess i am addicted to literature itself, i was a voracious reader till 1996, had to tell it good bye after joining the first job. then i got bitten by the writing bug in 2007 :) it still is inside me, i update these blogs mainly for you. if it was not for you i would have lost my interest long ago and would have been writing only poems and stories.

    thanks for being the inspiration.

    i believe if we say simplest things from heart that touch hearts very easily. more easily than the most beautiful things said without sincerity.
    with warmest affections,
    didi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sister, It's really an honor for me be an inspiration for you. I don't even know how to say thanks here.
    I agree with you, my sister
    that things said from a heart inspires another heart but all we need is a living heart on both sides.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dearest brother,
    You are the main reason (if not only) that i update this blog. we share our thoughts with only those who share our wavelengths, otherwise i prefer to keep my mind and my thoughts to myself, and my tongue is even less talkative :)

    thanks for being the inspiration. its me who is blessed and honoured to have you as my brother and reader.

    with lots of affection,
    didi

    ReplyDelete